Immigrate to Latvia from UK – With the Help of Our Immigration Lawyers
Immigrate to Latvia from UKUpdated on Friday 26th May 2023
Rate this article
based on 1 reviews
based on 1 reviews
Latvia is located in the heart of the Baltic region, offering easy access to other European countries and markets. If you are interested to immigrate to Latvia from UK for its benefits, you are welcome to get in touch with our lawyers. Please consult with our lawyers in Latvia for details about the visa types and relocation procedure. With the help of our lawyers, you can move to Latvia from UK without unnecessary delays.
A step-by-step guide to moving to Latvia from UK
If you are a UK citizen, you do not need a visa to visit Latvia for up to 90 days within 180 days. However, if you wish to stay in Latvia for longer than 90 days, you will need to obtain a residence permit. Here are the general steps to immigrate to Latvia from the UK that you can follow, or you can simply rely on the services of our lawyers:
- Determine your eligibility: Check the requirements for the residence permit you wish to apply for, as well as any specific requirements for UK citizens. Or ask experienced lawyers at our law firm in Latvia;
- Apply for a residence permit: You can apply for a residence permit at the Latvian embassy in London or the Latvian Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs in Latvia. You will need to provide supporting documents, such as proof of income, health insurance, and a criminal background check;
- Wait for a decision: The processing time for a residence permit can vary, but it usually takes several months. Once your application is approved, you will receive a temporary residence permit, which is valid for up to five years;
- Register your address: Once you arrive in Latvia, you must register your address with the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs within 30 days;
- Obtain health insurance: You are required to have health insurance in Latvia. You can either purchase private health insurance or enroll in the Latvian national health insurance program;
- Renew your residence permit: Your temporary residence permit must be renewed before it expires. Our Latvian lawyers can offer you their assistance in this regard.
It is important to note that the immigration process can be complex and the requirements may change. Therefore, it is recommended that you consult with the Latvian embassy in London or our qualified immigration lawyers in Latvia to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information and guidance.
After moving to Latvia from UK, you can also rely on the services of our lawyers to understand taxation in this country, for instance the VAT.
Visas to move to Latvia from UK
If you are planning to immigrate to Latvia from UK, you will need a visa that allows you to stay in the country for a longer period. Our lawyers can help you select an appropriate visa type as per your need. There are several types of visas available for aspirants who want to relocate to Latvia from UK, including:
- Long-stay visa (D-visa): This visa is for individuals who intend to stay in Latvia for more than 90 days. This visa is typically issued to students, employees, and family members of Latvian citizens or permanent residents;
- Temporary residence permit: This permit allows you to reside in Latvia for a longer period, usually up to five years. You will need to apply for this permit if you plan to work or study in Latvia;
- Permanent residence permit: This permit allows you to permanently reside in Latvia. You will need to have lived in Latvia for at least five years to be eligible for this permit.
To apply for a visa or permit to immigrate to Latvia from UK, you will need to provide several documents, including a passport, proof of financial means, and a police clearance certificate. It is recommended that you consult with our Latvian lawyers for more relocation information.
Besides this, our lawyers can also help you get residence in this country.
Reasons to relocate to Latvia from UK
There are several reasons why someone might choose to immigrate to Latvia from UK:
- Lower cost of living: The cost of living in Latvia is generally lower than in the UK, particularly in terms of housing, food, and transportation;
- Quality of life: Latvia offers a high quality of life, with a clean environment, access to nature and outdoor activities, and a strong cultural heritage;
- Job opportunities: Latvia has a growing economy and offers job opportunities in a variety of fields, particularly in the tech industry;
- Education: Latvia has a good education system, with a strong emphasis on STEM subjects and a growing number of universities offering courses in English;
- Residency permit: Latvia offers a relatively straightforward process for obtaining a residency permit, particularly for investors or those with specialized skills.
The decision to relocate to Latvia from UK might not be very easy for you. So, it is recommended to get assistance from our immigration lawyers in Latvia.
Personal income tax in Latvia
Taxation in Latvia is governed by the Latvian Taxation Law and is based on a self-assessment system. The Latvian tax system is similar to other European Union (EU) countries with progressive tax rates, and taxes are levied on both individuals and companies. Personal income tax (PIT) is levied on the income earned by individuals in Latvia. The tax rates are progressive and range from 20% to 31% depending on the amount of income earned.
Contact our lawyers in Latvia to learn more about the procedure of relocation.
In addition to this, if you are interested in Latvian citizenship, our lawyers can guide you through the whole procedure of its application.