Immigration Lawyers in Latvia - Get Legal Help
Immigration Lawyers in LatviaUpdated on Monday 19th December 2022
Rate this article
based on 3 reviews
based on 3 reviews
Latvia offers great foreign investment opportunities, as well as it also allows immigrants to obtain residency in the country. If you are planning to relocate to Latvia, you are welcome to get in touch with our Latvian immigration lawyers. They can provide you with detailed guidance and assist you practically throughout the relocation procedure.
Visas available for foreigners in Latvia
If you are interested in immigrating to Latvia, you are welcome to interact with our lawyers. Our Latvian immigration lawyers can assist you with the relocation process and obtaining the required documents. They can guide you on which visa types are suitable for you keeping in view your circumstances. However, you can also find general information about Latvian visas below:
- Latvian A visa - A single-entry, double-entry, or multiple-entry transit visa, known as an A-type visa or an airport transit visa, enables a foreign citizen to pass through the airport transit zone a single, twice, or an unlimited number of times. Only the international transit area of the airport is accessible to those with an airport transit visa. A type A visa holder is not permitted to enter Schengen territory or leave the airport's transit area. A transit visa for an airport can be used for up to six months. If you want to acquire a visa for transit purposes, our immigration lawyers in Latvia can provide you with useful information about the local regulations.
- Latvian C visa - This is a short-term visa with one, two, or multiple entries. The holder of this visa is permitted to remain on the territory of any Schengen state. The possessor of this visa with limited territorial validity is only permitted to stay in the state(s) for which the visa is valid. So, if you wish to relocate to Latvia, you can seek legal assistance from the immigration experts at our law firm in Latvia. Our Latvian immigration lawyers can guide you about those Schengen states which you can visit on this type of visa.
- Latvian D visa - A long-stay (D-type) visa is a single-entry, double-entry, or multiple-entry visa. D-type visa enables a foreign person to enter the Republic of Latvia once, twice, or an unlimited number of times, remain for the duration allowed by the visa and then leave the state. If you intend to move to Latvia, you should be aware that long-term visas are only provided for stays that meet or comply with international law, Latvian state interests, a case of force majeure, and humanitarian grounds. Our immigration lawyers in Latvia can help you meet/comply with these grounds if you are interested to apply for a D-type visa.
With a long-stay visa, you are permitted to live in the Republic of Latvia for up to six months, beginning on the day you are admitted. Additionally, the bearer of this visa is permitted to travel for up to three months in the Schengen region every six months. The maximum duration of a long-term visa is one year.
If you have more questions about the types of visas that Latvia offers or the appropriate kind of visa as per your circumstances, you can interact with our immigration attorneys. They can answer your concerns efficiently.
Requirements for a Schengen visa in Latvia
The Schengen visa allows a total of three months stay during six months in Latvia. The Schengen visa for Latvia can have multiple entries that allow an immigrant to enter and leave the country multiple times during the six months or a combined stay that cannot surpass three months. The process for obtaining a Latvian Schengen visa takes about 30 days. The documents required when applying for a visa for immigration to Latvia are:
- valid identification documents;
- an application form released by the Latvian Embassy or Consulate;
- a passport-size color photograph;
- medical insurance;
- a receipt that confirms the visa application fee.
The consulate can ask for supporting documentation for immigration to Latvia, such as:
- the scope of the visit,
- the means of transportation to and from Latvia,
- a proof that the candidate can sustain himself/herself throughout the stay in Latvia,
- the residence address in Latvia,
- a proof of returning to the candidate’s home country.
In case of employment, a work permit is required for the employee before applying for the Latvian Schengen visa. If you need legal assistance in obtaining a residence permit, you can consult with our immigration lawyers in Latvia.
The investor program for immigration to Latvia
The Latvian immigration investor program allows foreign citizens to obtain a temporary residence permit (TRP), if they make money deposits in a Latvian bank, if they invest in real estate or if they decide to set up a business in Latvia. If the investor wants to make a money deposit, the minimum amount of money to be put in the bank account, also called a bank term deposit, is 300,000 EUR.
If the foreign citizen decides to invest his/her money into real estate, the minimum amount invested must be 150,000 EUR. For foreign investors deciding to open a company in Latvia, the minimum share capital is 70,000 EUR. The cheapest way for immigrants to obtain residency in Latvia is the investment in a real estate property, but the money deposit is the fastest way because it only requires a few formalities to be completed.
The temporary residency permit is available for five years and it can be renewed every year. The greatest advantage of the Latvian TRP is that the investor can travel to 25 Schengen states without a visa and he/she is not compelled to live in Latvia all this time.If you need further information in this regard, you can get in touch with our Latvian immigration layers. They can also offer you legal services if you want to submit a citizenship application in Latvia.
Can you extend a Latvian visa?
You cannot stay after your Schengen visa expires unless you extend it, regardless of whether you are a traveler, a businessperson who needs to take care of some urgent business, or a patient seeking medical treatment in a Schengen state. According to Schengen regulations, a short-stay visa for Europe can be issued for maximum three months within a six months period. Although it is challenging, still, you have a high chance of getting a visa extension if you have a strong justification for your application. If you need to extend your visa, our Latvian immigration lawyers can help you.
Besides visa extensions, our lawyers can also assist you with visa renewal. It is recommended that you always avail legal services if you plan immigration to Latvia or any other visa-related matter. Because without such assistance you might file the wrong documents which will lead to a delay in visa proceedings or cancellation of your visa application. To avoid these issues, you can get in touch with our lawyers.
Latvian visa application fee
Our immigration lawyers in Latvia can guide you about the visa fee structure. This assistance can help you be prepared before applying for a Latvian visa. However, you can also see below general information about the Latvian visa fee structure:
- Latvian D type visa costs 60 EUR;
- For children between 6 and 12 years of age, the Latvian C visa’s price is 40 EUR;
- A Latvian C-type visa for applicants who are 12 years of age or older is 80 EUR.
Contact our Latvian immigration lawyers for more details. Acquiring legal assistance in such matters is recommended because any minor mistake can lead to the rejection of your visa application.
Besides this, our lawyers can also help you if you are seeking help to comply with value-added tax (VAT) regulations in Latvia because it is crucial to follow tax rules in a foreign state if you want to avoid any problems.